Get professional advice about
condition and value of your piano
If you live in or near the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, you can schedule one of our piano technicians to inspect or appraise your upright, baby grand, or grand piano.
Who can benefit from a piano inspection?
- I’m hearing funny noises inside my piano. And it doesn’t sound as good as it did 10 years ago.
- We just had a fire in our house/building. Our console piano wasn’t burned, but I’m concerned about smoke damage.
- Our water heater broke upstairs. The living room ceiling collapsed and fell on top of our grand piano. The piano lid, music desk, fallboard, and piano bench were all badly damaged. I think we got some water inside the piano, too.
- We had a flood in our building yesterday. Our spinet piano sat in about 18 inches of water all night. Is that a problem?
- We’re considering the possibility of refinishing or restoring our 52″ upright piano that was built in the 1920s or 1930s. Can you give us an estimate?
- My neighbor wants to sell her baby grand piano. It looks pretty, but we don’t know if it’s really a good instrument or even if she’s asking a good price.
- I just inherited a studio piano, but I don’t know anything about it. I know Pianotex moves pianos, but I need to know if it’s worth moving it from Richardson to Houston. And if the piano needs tuning or any repair, is it better to get the work done at your shop… and then delivered?
Who can benefit from a piano appraisal?
- I’m thinking about selling my baby grand piano, but I don’t have any idea of its value.
- We need to get an appraisal of our studio piano for our homeowners’ insurance policy.
- I want to donate my spinet-console piano to a local non-profit organization.
- My family is in the process of settling an estate. We need to get the market value of our family’s grand piano to help us make some important decisions.
- We’re filing an insurance claim for my upright piano. Our insurance company needs to know the approximate pre-flood value plus replacement cost of a piano in the same condition. They also want to know if the piano could be repaired or restored to its original condition. So, we’ll need a detailed estimate for all needed repair work inside the piano plus repair and refinishing of the cabinet and bench.
Call us at (817) 226-9000 and ask for Pianotex co-owner Anna Scott, R.P.T. She can provide preliminary information by phone and can schedule your piano inspection or appraisal.